Sunday, January 16, 2011

in a month


in a month i have celebrated a beautiful christmas. spent a week in byron bay. fell asleep at 9pm before the countdown to new years. watched my sixteen year old son sky dive from 14,000 feet. housed my wonderful mother for four weeks as the roads were flooded to rockhampton. cleaned lots of mould off walls. watched the devastation of the floods. cried over the lives lost in this natural disaster. felt uplifted by the amazing and generous people that have helped with the cleanup. cleanout and donated many items to people less fotunate. spent very little time on my computer. sat in stillness and counted my blessings.

xox

4 comments:

Debra said...

'stillness'....
look forward to seeing you soon x

Jacob said...

It looks like it has been quite a month. I think I would need to sleep for a month after all of that.

I hope you recover from the floods quickly. The international news I've seen on it has been really depressing. It must be one of the largest natural disasters in recorded history.

Kristi said...

beautifully written.

Kristy said...

A month of reflection and to count your blessings. May 2011 bring you much joy ahead xoxo.